Why You'll Love This Job
Position summary: Primarily responsible to provide excellent support to the Shipping and Receiving department and excellent customer service to all associates and visitors. The Warehouse Lead for Café Valley will work with Warehouse Manager to determine needs for the department and resolve discrepancies/issues. The Warehouse Lead will also manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor as necessary.
Additional skills we would like to see in an ideal candidate:
Strong Work ethic
Ability to work unsupervised.
Pay attention to detail.
This position requires that you have a valid driver's license, forklift experience, and able to work in -10-degree environments
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Consistent and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Must be able to work within a team environment, treat all with respect – no fighting.
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break. There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Must be able to wear/utilize personal protective equipment.
- Enforce food safety, GMPs, and company policy with team members assigned to their line.
- Perform detailed cycle counts researching all variances; identify exceptions and drops. Interact with warehouse manager to resolve discrepancies/issues.
- Control movements from the warehouse to the production floor so that inventory standards are met and exceeded.
- Delegate the distribution of work orders for the warehouse.
- Lead by example, take pride in your work, and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments and energizing people through your passion.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail.
Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, driven to get results by directing a team.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Ensure accurate and timely unloading of raw materials and packaging/inbound materials based on purchase order information. This includes appropriate put-a-way, documentation of any damages or incorrect items, etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely loading of all finished goods/outbound materials. This includes ensuring FIFO is followed, accurate counts, no damages, etc.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts in all warehouses.
- Accurately attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts or passenger vehicles.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Other projects and duties as assigned or as our customers’ needs change.
Skills & Qualifications
Ability to read and write.
Strong math skills.
Basic computer/data entry knowledge.
Valid Driver’s License
Valid Fork Truck LicenseQualifications Desired:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in high volume warehouse/back-of-house operations/inventory environment
- Experience with Shipping and Receiving
- Implementing, teaching and training inventory process
- Working knowledge of GMP’s