Sanitation Technician – 1st & 2nd Shifts Job – Manchester, NH Job Description
Sanitation Technician – 1st & 2nd Shifts Job – Manchester, NH
Back to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
The sanitation technician is responsible for providing support to Plant Operations by cleaning the building structure in the production area and offices that includes floors, walls and ceilings, and follows the Master Cleaning schedule and procedures set forth by the supervisor.
Successful Candidate MUST be able to:
Willing and able to learn new processes
Be a self starter while working within a team to meet sanitation daily goals
Must be able to work weekends
We have immediate openings in our sanitation department! Come join a great team and learn a life long skill!
Physical demands and work environment:
- Consistent and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break. There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per departmental needs.
- Must be able to wear/utilize personal protective equipment.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and traverse walkways.
- Maintain a clean environment in assigned areas by dumping trash, cardboard and by-product waste.
- Service hand wash stations by re-supplying hand soap, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and batteries to automatic dispensers, also throwing trash away.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms using appropriate chemicals, procedures and tools following the color-code procedure.
- Fill out forms that indicate completion of tasks in Master Cleaning Schedule and proper chemical preparation.
- Perform dry-cleaning procedure and wet cleaning procedure as needed.
- Prepare and dispose unused portions of Sanitizer for their use or Production use.
- Clean and sanitize product conveyors and assembling when indicated.
- Clean and sanitize production-manufacturing equipment.
- Learn and follow safety procedures and usage of personal protective equipment.
- Operate floor scrubber and scissor lift.
- Perform related duties as needed by supervision.
- Participate in weekly inspections as part of a department team.
- Complete cleaning work orders in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use hands to finger, grasp, or feel objects, talk or communicate, hear, and visually inspect areas to be cleaned.
- Work environment: Heavy work exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs. of force constantly to move objects. There is a considerable amount of flour dust while cleaning the lines.
- Both inside and outside environmental conditions: Activities occur in coolers and freezers during shift. Exposure to cold and freezing temperatures in the coolers and freezers areas. Exposure to high heat while in the warehouse, especially during summer months.
- Humidity: Exposure to humid conditions ranging from 70 to 92 percent.
- Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The floor may be slippery due to the flour, detergent, oil, and water during the clean out operation. The water used for cleaning is very hot with some amount of steam production. There is frequent exposure to chemical compounds used for the cleaning of the facility. Contact with body fluids may happen during the cleaning of restrooms.
Skills & Qualifications