Why You'll Love This Job
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products have grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Come Bake with Us!
The Sales Support Manager will be responsible for supporting the sales team, with daily projects, customer maintenance and sales reporting. This includes cross-functional team management to maintain accountability throughout the new business development process. This position also works with the sales team to arrange trade shows, sample shipments, customer portal support, regional trade show support, etc. Clerical responsibilities include executive support on daily planning, expense reports, and travel arrangements.
- Assist executive account reps with daily tasks.
- Work cross functionally, becoming the sales liaison, to lead the coordination of design, and development of new products from initial concept to trial runs and ensure products are ready for commercialization.
- Review sales reports and customer orders, to help sales team drive strategic decisions.
- Follow up on meeting efforts and tasks to ensure projects are completed.
- Organize information from sales team and prioritize daily tasks to applicable teams.
- Compile monthly reports for accounts, and effectively communicate information to account leads.
- Sales reports
- Sample spend vs budget
- P&A spend vs budget
- Promotional tracking
- Customer complaints
- Manage Sales Team Share Drive.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute trade shows.
- Includes some ability to travel.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 years of sales support or sales experience within the food industry
- Ability to develop presentations, spreadsheets, and manage budgets
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced industry
- Capability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Focused on results, proactive, service oriented.
- Ability to self-direct and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to challenge the status quo. Don’t accept “no” but look for “how to”.