Why You'll Love This Job
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products have grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Come Bake with Us!
Conducts activities involved with procuring raw materials including ingredients, corrugated, and plastic, by performing the following duties: material planning, purchase order entry, vendor follow through, product sourcing, price negotiations, and other job essential task. Works as a leader on the purchasing team to consistently control cost, protect the budget, and guarantee manufacturing continuity.
- Developing, implement, and execute purchasing strategies.
- Manage daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Manage the rules and strategy of MRP to optimize inventory levels and ensure inventories support manufacturing.
- Maintains current and accurate standard cost models for all goods and materials.
- Collaborates with Project Management and Sales to support new products and packaging.
- Manage supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Review, write, and implement SOPs.
- Manage and report on PPV (Purchase Price Variance).
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Manage and develop staff of up to 4 direct reports.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
- Prepares and analyzes complex sets of data to report to senior leadership.
- Serves as an escalation point for challenges with orders or products.
- Manages material contract balances between multiple manufacturing plants across the US to ensure consistency in cost, quality, and availability.
Skills & Qualifications
Minimum of an Bachelors degree (BA.) or equivalent from 4 year college or University; or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages. Ability to apply the concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good general computer skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with MRP, ERP, and TMS are a plus!