Why You'll Love This Job
Position is located in Phoenix, Arizona. Relocation assistance provided.
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products have grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Come Bake with US!
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. The Maintenance Mechanic will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency, effectiveness and reliability.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Be available to work off shifts and weekends per departmental needs
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and traverse walkways.
- Ability to work in confined spaces. (Spiral, oven area, etc).
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break.
- There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per department needs.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair PLC controlled, high speed production equipment for a safe and productive work environment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) to increase equipment reliability and up-time.
- Utilize computerized maintenance systems too accurately and thoroughly document and track all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day.
- Search and issue parts, document equipment issues and enter inspection/measurement points.
- Drive company goals and objectives through individually led projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Participate and contribute within the plant team including attending team meetings and shift handovers.
- Ability to teach, guide and support other team members and lead them when needed
- Fill out reports and other computer related functions
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations provided by the company and government (e.g. LOTO, Work Permits, etc.).
- Adhere to all housekeeping and sanitation SOP’s in and around the work area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to read and write.
- 1-3 years industrial experience (MMI), 3-4 years industrial experience (MMII) and 5 years industrial maintenance experience (MMIII)
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- PLC troubleshooting and programming
- 3 years in a maintenance or related field
- Welding (mig, tig, and stick)
- In-depth understanding of pneumatics and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge and experience with Industrial electrical, and trouble shooting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Mechanical drive experience.
- Mechanical installation and alignment techniques (motor/gearbox, pumps, sprockets, sheaves).
- Use of precision measurement tools.
- Proficient in the use and understanding of mills, lathes and dill presses
- Ability to read and interpret machine manuals/schematics, electrical blueprints/schematics and process control diagrams.
- Experience with AC/DC, servo motors, limit and proximity switches, photo-electric sensors, and solenoid valves.
- Knowledge and experience around Allen Bradley Variable Frequency Drives, Allen Bradley PLC’s, Siemens.
- Knowledge and experience with the installation, calibration and maintenance of processes and analytical