Why You'll Love This Job
Robort operators set up, operate, and tend machines that mix or blend materials, such as liquid or solid ingredients. Operators are responsible for safely operating food processing equipment and training back-up operators. They operate packaging/process equipment in a manner consistent with standard operating procedures (SOP's), proactively monitors equipment performance to prevent problems that could affect food safety, product quality and productivity.
A Robot Operator is a crucial position within a bakery that involves the operation and maintenance of robotic systems used in various stages of the baking process. The Robot Operator is responsible for setting up and monitoring Cafe Valley machines to ensure the efficient and consistent production of baked goods. They play a pivotal role in maintaining quality standards and improving the overall efficiency of the bakery's operations. Additionally, Bakery Robot Operators are often tasked with routinely keeping the automation systems running smoothly, making them integral to modern bakery production.
- Consistent and dependable attendance..
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Must be able to work within a team environment, treat all with respect – no fighting.
- Must have the ability to stand at machine a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break. There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Weigh/ measure materials, ingredients, and products.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per production needs.
- Procures materials from inventory and combines them into any needed mixing vat or tank
- Works with Maintenance and Sanitation team members on equipment set-up, performance and safety.
- Start machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times.
- Monitors product being produced to ensure specifications and standards are met..
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors.
- Combines ingredients for processing and packaging
- Record information of products tested, meter readings, dates and times of production.
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of food processing equipment, GMP’s, USDA and FDA requirements.
- Able to differentiate units of measure and accurately record production data.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Understanding of basic mechanical skills.
- Able to read, write and understand procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Available to come in early and stay over as needed.
- Self accountability.