Why You'll Love This Job
Position located in Marion, Indiana. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Industrial Maintenance Manager will direct, plan, control and monitor the overall operation of the maintenance department to ensure the continuous ability of the equipment to service our customers while maintaining high standards in quality, food safety, and safety and meeting the department’s budget. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principles by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and process. Successful Candidate Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years industrial maintenance experience, supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- PLC troubleshooting and programming
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Be available to work off shifts and weekends per departmental needs
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and traverse walkways.
- Ability to work in confined spaces. (Spiral, oven area, etc)
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break.
- There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per department needs.
Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair PLC controlled, high speed production equipment for a safe and productive work environment.
Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) to increase equipment reliability and up-time.
Utilize computerized maintenance systems accurately and thoroughly document and track all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day.
Search and issue parts, document equipment issues and enter inspection/measurement points.
- Drive company goals and objectives through individually led projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Participate and contribute within the plant team including attending team meetings and shift handovers.
- Ability to teach, guide and support other team members and lead them when needed
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations provided by the company and government (e.g. LOTO, Work Permits, etc.).
- Adhere to all housekeeping and sanitation SOP’s in and around the work area.
- Supports safety, quality, and environmental to include, encouraging employees, visitors, and contractors to work safely and comply with Café Valley’s safety policies and procedures, ensure that environmental awareness and good manufacturing practices are being followed, stay in compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Supports preventive, predictive, and reliability maintenance programs in conjunction with production, engineering and maintenance staff.
- Reviews production, quality control, maintenance reports and KPI’s to plan and modify maintenance activities to meet objectives.
- Leads and Directs Inspections of production equipment for conformance with operational standards or industry standards and involves OEM’s when necessary.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with other company leaders.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations and maintains inventory levels to meet the daily demands of the business but minimizing waste.
- Confers with other department leaders to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
- Directly manages maintenance. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs reasonably similar or related duties that may be required for the successful administration of the function.
- Directs the coordination of all the Maintenance departments’ functions to ensure compliance with the Company’s Vision and Mission Statements
- Responsible for planned schedule creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
Skills & Qualifications
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use hands to finger, grasp, or feel objects, talk or communicate, hear, and visually inspect areas to be cleaned or repaired.
Work environment: Heavy work, team lift with two people lifting up to 120lbs occasionally and/or up to 50lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs of force consistently to move objects.
Both inside and outside environmental conditions: Activities occur in coolers and freezers during shift. Exposure to cold and freezing temperatures in the coolers and freezers areas. Exposure to high heat while in the warehouse, especially during summer months.
Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
Hazard: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Being honest and ethical.
Being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Willingness to take on responsibly and challenges.