Why You'll Love This Job
The maintenance supervisor will take responsibility for all maintenance and engineering activities on the plant site, provide technical support for the maintenance team, and develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities for equipment and practices. This role also works to support implementation of preventive maintenance programs through the allocation of personnel, as needed. The primary focus of this position is to maximize production time available on equipment, minimize upkeep costs, and control expenditures related to equipment, spare parts, and consumable items. Secondary responsibility is to help drive costs out of the manufacturing process. This position will have the opportunity to train and supervise the maintenance staff and key personnel so to ensure that the facility has a safe and reliable maintenance program at the lowest cost. Must be able to establish expectations for safety, reliability, quality, service and productivity.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Be available to work off shifts and weekends per departmental needs
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and traverse walkways.
- Ability to work in confined spaces. (Spiral, oven area, etc)
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break.
- There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per department needs.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair PLC controlled, high speed production equipment for a safe and productive work environment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) to increase equipment reliability and up-time.
- Utilize computerized maintenance systems too accurately and thoroughly document and track all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day.
- Search and issue parts, document equipment issues and enter inspection/measurement points.
- Drive company goals and objectives through individually led projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Participate and contribute within the plant team including attending team meetings and shift handovers.
- Ability to teach, guide and support other team members and lead them when needed
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations provided by the company and government (e.g. LOTO, Work Permits, etc.).
- Adhere to all housekeeping and sanitation SOP’s in and around the work area.
- Supports safety, quality, and environmental to include, encouraging employees, visitors, and contractors to work safely and comply with Café Valley’s safety policies and procedures, ensure that environmental awareness and good manufacturing practices are being followed, stay in compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Not directly responsible, but assists in supporting preventive, predictive, and reliability maintenance programs in conjunction with production, engineering and maintenance staff.
- Reviews production, quality control, maintenance reports and KPI’s to plan and modify maintenance activities to meet objectives.
- Leads and Directs Inspections of production equipment for conformance with operational standards or industry standards and involves OEM’s when necessary.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with other company leaders.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations and maintains inventory levels to meet the daily demands of the business but minimizing waste.
- Confers with other department leaders to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
- Directly supervises maintenance. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs reasonably similar or related duties that may be required for the successful administration of the function.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- HS Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
- 5 years industrial maintenance experience, supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- PLC troubleshooting and programming
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).