Why You'll Love This Job
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products have grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Come Bake with Us!
The Maintenance Manager will direct, plan, control and monitor all aspects of the maintenance department. Key functions include, driving toward excellence in equipment health in order to service our customers and reduce operating expenses. The position will also Maintain exacting standards in food safety, and employee Health and Safety and meet the maintenance department’s budget. It will also manage Continuous improvement activities within the Maintenance department and leverage modern manufacturing principles and tools including One Point Lessons, Break Down Elimination, tool management and other Progressive Maintenance concepts. The position will also drive Maintenance Technician training at all levels.
- Leads the Maintenance Team in achieving company goals and objectives through day-to-day coordination of all the Maintenance department’s functions.
- Leads department safety programs and initiatives. Ensures that the Maintenance Department/Bakery stays in compliance with occupational safety and health regulations (e.g., LOTO program). Responsible for maintaining OSHA required training completion in the Maintenance Department.
- Directly supports all Plant Safety initiatives by seeking input from key leaders and ensuring that Maintenance department Action Plans are completed in a timely manner.
- Manages the Vendor visit policies and programs to ensure that all Vendors comply with our Safety and GMP criteria.
- Ensures that the Maintenance Team complies with all Food Safety requirements established by our SOPs, SQF, GFSI, and BRC.
- Manages our Environmental programs and any third-party vendors that support our Ammonia and Wastewater systems with the help of our corporate consultant,
- Drive modern Progressive maintenance programs such as predictive maintenance and Break-Down-Elimination (BDE), Parts Management systems, Mean-time-between failure analysis, root cause analysis, etc.,
- Works with the engineering and maintenance staff to resolve difficult equipment issues.
- Plays a key Leadership role in appropriate Continuous Improvement (CI) Activities.
- Ensures that Maintenance staffing levels are adequate by working with and adhering to HR team protocols. Ensures that the Technician skill levels are systematically assessed and improved upon.
- Prepares and manages the department budget. Communicates frequently on budget needs and shortfalls.
- Responsible for Technician shift scheduling to ensure appropriate maintenance coverage.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities. Ensures that any repairs are scheduled efficiently.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Leads and Directs Inspections of production equipment for conformance with operational standards or industry standards and involves OEM’s when necessary.
- Ensures that the requisitioning of tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations and maintains inventory levels to meet the daily demands of the business but minimizing waste.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair PLC controlled, high speed production equipment for a safe and productive work environment.
- Utilize computerized maintenance systems accurately and thoroughly document and track all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day.
- Monitor and ensure that our work order system operates effectively (ensure safety, food safety and other operational work orders are addressed promptly).
- Develop and implement improvements and changes in the work instructions, job descriptions and training needs.
- Keep employees informed on factors relating to their work assignment, work progress, and opportunity for advancement.
- Must be able to keep administrative paperwork current regarding schedules, inspections, inventories, and management reports.
- Work off shifts and weekends as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Degree in a technical course of study or equivalent experience
- 5 years industrial maintenance management experience
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- PLC troubleshooting and programming an asset
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).