Why You'll Love This Job
Primarily responsible to provide excellent support to the Shipping and Receiving Manager and excellent customer service to all associates and visitors. The Warehouse Associate for Café Valley will manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor.
This position is located in Marion, Indiana.
Additional skills we would like to see in an ideal candidate:
Ability to work in -10-degree environment.
Good with people
Essential functions and responsibilities:
Success factors/job competencies:
- Consistent and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Must be able to work within a team environment, treat all with respect – no fighting.
- Must have the ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours without a break and a maximum of 12 hours with a break. There are NO sitting positions or jobs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently per production needs.
- Must be able to wear/utilize personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in confined spaces. (Spiral, oven area, etc)
- Regularly required to work various hours in cooler and freezer with temperatures ranging from 35 degrees to minus 10 degrees.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Ensure accurate and timely unloading of raw materials and packaging/inbound materials based on purchase order information. This includes appropriate put-a-way, documentation of any damages or incorrect items, etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely loading of all finished goods/outbound materials. This includes ensuring FIFO is followed, accurate counts, no damages, etc.
- Communicate with external customers in a professional manner.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts in all warehouses.
- Support production lines with appropriate raw materials and packaging in an efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment adhering to all company, state, federal, and manufacturing regulations.
- Accurately attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts or passenger vehicles.
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Report all damaged freezer product to immediate supervisor.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Other projects and duties as assigned or as our customers’ needs change.
- Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Ability to learn rules, regulations, company guidelines, etc. and apply to situations.
- Ability to read and follow directions.
- Ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Ability to exert yourself physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to read and write.
- Basic math skills, addition, subtraction,
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to successfully complete forklift certification through Café Valley
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Use of claw hammers, power hoists, pallet jacks, pallet transport trucks, overhead cranes, banding machines.
- Data entry software, machine control software, inventory tracking software, spreadsheet software.
- Experience in a food manufacturing or warehouse environment.
- Working knowledge of GMP’s