Why You'll Love This Job
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products have grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Come bake with us!
The Plant Manager will ensure that Safety initiatives are supported, and that Leadership maintains safe conditions within the Bakery. Ensures that the Bakery operates efficiently, with minimal waste, and that we consistently produce good quality product that conforms to Café Valley quality specifications. Works to ensure that an open and honest culture is developed in the Bakery where everyone’s opinions matter and all departments collaborate well with each other. Will drive continuous improvement initiatives using a systematic approach.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ensures that the Operations Team owns the Safety and Quality systems.
- Owns production results - ensures that we achieve all required KPI’s including schedule attainment, waste levels, positive material, and labor variances.
- Owns Site Score card metrics and holds Leaders/Peers accountable to achieving goals and removing any obstacles in the way of success.
- Leverages Continuous Improvement systems to make course corrections and build teams that focus on improving results, e.g., Gembas, Team Huddles, Kaizen events.
- Manages all aspects of Production Operations to include People and production schedules, the operations component of our quality systems, the Maintenance function, works with the HR team to ensure that Bakery staffing requirements met and oversees duty assignments.
- Collaborates with interdepartmental Leadership to resolve any issues that arise.
- Builds a formidable team through great hiring, training, evaluation, and/or discharging of staff as needed.
- Ensures the integrity of corporate programs, e.g., the Team of the Month, Baker Buddies, Training Technicians, Site Communications, and that they are supported by all levels of Leadership.
- Develops and manages budgets for areas that (S)He is responsible for. Approves expenditures of supplies, materials, human resources.
- Coordinates or recommends procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost management, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Knowledge of principles and processes for supplying customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering or Business (or equivalent Experience)
- Experience in food manufacturing/processing/bakery
- 10 years of Leadership in Manufacturing Operations
- Lean certifications and experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)