Why You'll Love This Job
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products have grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Come Bake with Us!
Primarily responsible to provide excellent support to the Director of Supply Chain and excellent customer service to all associates and visitors. The Buyer for Café Valley will manage raw materials to support the facility and in conjunction with commodity strategic plans. This position will assist in managing the supplier relationships including planning, inventory control, and working with suppliers of packaging/label solutions.
- Responsible for forecasting procurement needs (materials, parts, supplies) in a timely and cost effective manner; accurate processing of purchase orders; and tracking of purchase orders to support the business needs while maintaining quality standards and targeted inventory levels.
- Execution of procurement strategies and policies supporting both the tactical and strategic direction of the company.
- Utilizing MRP, purchase said materials.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers in all aspects related to purchasing.
- Lead the procurement process in all phases.
- Identify and develop training opportunities.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders in accordance with Company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Maintain procurement files.
- Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable materials or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
- Assist and develop labeling and packaging solutions for existing and new items as needed.
- Dealing with suppliers and brokers.
- Develop and review purchasing request and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of new food products.
- Help to lower the cost and secure agreements.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of experience in a Purchasing position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Knowledge in forecasting and planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain an outstanding relationship with different groups of people including vendors, distributors, sales, R&D, Marketing, and QA.
- Excellent team working abilities and the capacity to direct and coach others
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- MRP experience.
- Associates degree in business or related field.